Reyes Produce - prodiving West Pak Avocado, a World Class, Grower, Packer and Shipper of Avocados from California, Mexico, Chile and Peru.
- Avocados, like olives, are high in mono-unsaturated fats and calories. However, they are very rich in dietary fiber, vitamins, and minerals and packed with numerous health benefiting plant nutrients.
- Fresh avocado pear is very rich source of potassium. 100 g of fruit provides 485 mg or about 10% of daily-required levels. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids where it helps regulate heart rate and blood pressure, countering bad effects of sodium.
- In many parts of Central America, the avocado is eaten "as it is" with some added pepper powder, lime juice, and salt.
- Mashed avocado is employed in the preparation of Mexican polenta and pancakes. Guacamole is a favorite avocado based Mexican dip.
- Pureed, it may be mixed with ice-cream, shakes, and fruit juices.